Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ready to Fight Addiction
CALL NOW! 1-833-799-3880

Tired of being a coke addict!

I’ve been using for about 8 years now pretty much on a weekly basis. I’m so tired of it but I feel like I do t know how to stop! I know that sounds so stupid cuz I tell myself “ur so stupid u know u do t wanna do this so just stop!” But why isn’t it that easy? I guess I would be considered a functioning coke addict, I have a home, a wonderful job and have maintained relationships with my kids. All the while I battle daily with this addiction! I don’t have insurance or rehab money so that’s not an option. I just want this to stop!

Comments

• You can't just stop because you are addicted. I also wouldn't suggest just stopping on your own after 8 years of use. There are low cost or free options that can help you, but you are going to have to detox and don't do that alone.

m.reynolds
  • I think you should really look into meetings and see what kind of free help is out there. Depending on where you live i'm sure you'll be able to find some. I agree with @cherry.mccarthy about not detoxing on your own.

• First step is accepting you have lost control over the addiction and need help. You do not need to do this alone. I agree with Cherry that you should look into treatment options. Even if you are high-functioning, relying on a substance isn't healthy.