Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ready to Fight Addiction
CALL NOW! 1-833-799-3880

Xanax and Valium Looking Like America's Next Drug Crisis

This article says we have a new epidemic and it's Xanax and Valium: https://consumer.healthday.com/mental-health-information-25/addiction-news-6/xanax-valium-looking-like-america-s-next-drug-crisis-731359.html
"Use of these drugs has become too casual in modern society" - so true! Why are rappers and pop artists singing about doing Xanax? Benzodiazepines are prescribed to treat a variety of conditions, including anxiety, insomnia and seizures. Not really a party drug... yet: Prescriptions for benzodiazepines increased by 67 percent between 1996 and 2013, from 8.1 million to 13.5 million. The quantities of drugs obtained with these prescriptions more than tripled during that same period, the researchers said.

As a result, more people are becoming addicted to benzodiazepines and falling victim to overdose. Overdoses involving the drugs multiplied sevenfold between 1999 and 2015, increasing from 1,135 to 8,791 deaths.

m.reynolds

Comments

• I believe this. Song lyrics about taking xannies and bars are really common now

m.reynolds
  • I remember when xanax was the DOC for bored housewives and now it seems like the new trendy thing to abuse. 67% increase is huge, thx for sharing

• Especially among heroin addicts. Besides meth or coke, benzos are the next big choice to mix with heroin. Which is superrrr dangerous, it’s like an overdose in a pill for heroin addicts. Benzos have been a party drug for longer than you would think. People were dropping Xanax bars into lean like 10 years ago
  • OMG, just thinking about mixing benzos + heroin sounds like a perfect concoction for a death.

• oh it for sure is, I hear about so many over doses caused by it

• I thought Xanax was big in the late 80's/early 90's. Everything is throwback and remakes lately I suppose