Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ready to Fight Addiction
CALL NOW! 1-833-799-3880

Living with a alcoholic

I've been living with an alcoholic for the last 10 years I have come to my Breaking Point more than once and yesterday again I came to my breaking point and freaked the hell out I called him a drunk he just lost his license for 10 years and he's very narcissistic he blames everybody else to what happens to him and I just can't handle it anymore

Comments

• Yikes! Is the alcoholic your spouse or a relative? Obviously he doesn't think he has a problem since he pushes blame on everyone else. Have you ever thought about looking into getting an interventionist?

• The only behavior you can control is your own. If he doesn't want help then you need to stop enabling him. You don't want to live with an alcoholic? Don't. Tired of freaking the hell out? Focus on yourself. Sounds like some Al-anon meetings would do you wonders! You are not alone in dealing with this, but you'll find its not your cross to bare.

cassie.mcginesssalem.thackery
  • I agree with the above posters. Like @cherry.mccarthy said time for you to get out of the situation. I understand it's easier said than done but something needs to change and until you take that step you'll never get out of it.