Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ready to Fight Addiction
CALL NOW! 1-833-799-3880

Help me.. please

Hi All.. its my 1st time here & boy do i have a story to tell. One day soon ill share it w/u in full but for now, can anyone help me take a small step forward? In brief, 14yrs ago, i was prescribed oxycontin & oxycodone (among others) in varying amts, for chronic pain due to a diagnosis of "fibromyalsia". Then after 10yrs of treatment, i lost my insurance. I could no longer afford my doc or the meds she'd been prescribing so i was left w/a raging addiction that i could no longer satisfy legally. What couldve been an opportunity to clean up my act, led me to the 'next best thing' instead.. herion. Ive been snorting H for over 4yrs just to escape the fear&pain of withdraw. Yes, ive avoided the needle, yet im up to $100 'bun' per day(11-13 bags). Upon waking today i find myself broke & ashamed and just so ready to stop all this shit. Since rehab is not an option, any advice u can offer on how i can safetly taper off to eventually quit for good is greatly appreciated
Chris

Comments

• edited June 5

If you been on it that long I'm not sure how you would taper down safely???? I really don't think you can you need to frickin detox!!! You can get in to detox but your $100 "bun" daily has to change to $100 and "done" daily

• edited June 4

Why is rehab not an option? Because you lost your insurance? I ask because in my experience this long of use and what sounds like a serious heroin dependence really does require medically assisted detox - not something you can do at home alone. I strongly suggest you seek professional treatment. Maybe chat with the people who manage this site and see if they can suggest anything. You really shouldn't try and do this alone.

Chrissalem.thackeryAri_Z_1993
  • I think you need professional help to safely get off the drugs. Detoxing is very serious and if you don't do this supervised it could end badly. Have you tried looking into getting on a new insurance plan??

NClarke2017
  • Have you ever heard of IBOGAINE!? I had a 15+yr heroin addiction, by the end I was shooting 3 to 5g a day and .5 to 1g of speed to boot. I was literally 4feet under rock bottom and desperate for my life back. I did ibogaine ONCE and have been clean for over 3 years now, with no urges to use opiates again. I detoxed with no pain, no withdrawal, and no cravings afterwards!! This sacred plant medicine saved my life and I now live in service to helping others struggling. Here is some info about it, if you want to know more or want referrals for treatment please reach out. I'm not here to sell you anything, just here to help. No matter what path to recovery you choose. (I've also heard of ibogaine helping fibromyalsia in some cases, because it resets neurotransmitters in the body.
    Ibogaine works by literally rewiring the brain. It actually affects the brain in a completely unheard of way by resetting the dopamine uptake pathways in the reward and pleasure centers of the brain. There is no other known substance that is actually able to accomplish this with such accuracy. Ibogaine is used as an interruption therapy. This means that Ibogaine induces dream-like visions while the person is still awake. It is reported that the patient experiences a replay of pivotal moments in their life that ultimately contributed to their addiction. They may also be confronted by their fears and negative emotions that are the driving force behind their drug use behavior.
    Just like other medication assisted treatment options, Ibogaine (where used legally) should also be used in conjunction with intensive counseling therapies, both immediate and ongoing, for a better success rate. Ibogaine treatment centers and enthusiasts are confident that Ibogaine may reduce and even eliminate physical dependence and withdrawal symptoms associated with heroin addiction. Furthermore, it’s supposed to help with cravings. In other words, with just ONE application of Ibogaine, it’s supposed to accomplish exactly what Suboxone and Methadone does without the need for ongoing use.
    Ibogaine is a naturally occurring psychoactive substance found in plants of the Apocynacee family (a family of plants originating in Africa). Ibogaine has been used as a psychedelic for both ritual and medicinal purposes. Studies show that Ibogaine has had a 82% higher success rate than traditional rehab in treating addiction. Unfortunately Ibogaine is not legal in the United States. However, Treatment centers in Mexico, Brazil and New Zealand are regularly administering legal Ibogaine treatments. Ibogaine could be nature's cure for addiction!
    Ari_Z_1993
  • Hi friend. Are you ok?

• @KeepnSecrets how are you doing? Haven't heard from you and was wondering if you had thought about rehab?