Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ready to Fight Addiction
CALL NOW! 1-833-799-3880

Help me.. please

Hi All.. its my 1st time here & boy do i have a story to tell. One day soon ill share it w/u in full but for now, can anyone help me take a small step forward? In brief, 14yrs ago, i was prescribed oxycontin & oxycodone (among others) in varying amts, for chronic pain due to a diagnosis of "fibromyalsia". Then after 10yrs of treatment, i lost my insurance. I could no longer afford my doc or the meds she'd been prescribing so i was left w/a raging addiction that i could no longer satisfy legally. What couldve been an opportunity to clean up my act, led me to the 'next best thing' instead.. herion. Ive been snorting H for over 4yrs just to escape the fear&pain of withdraw. Yes, ive avoided the needle, yet im up to $100 'bun' per day(11-13 bags). Upon waking today i find myself broke & ashamed and just so ready to stop all this shit. Since rehab is not an option, any advice u can offer on how i can safetly taper off to eventually quit for good is greatly appreciated
Chris

Comments

• edited June 5

If you been on it that long I'm not sure how you would taper down safely???? I really don't think you can you need to frickin detox!!! You can get in to detox but your $100 "bun" daily has to change to $100 and "done" daily

• edited June 4

Why is rehab not an option? Because you lost your insurance? I ask because in my experience this long of use and what sounds like a serious heroin dependence really does require medically assisted detox - not something you can do at home alone. I strongly suggest you seek professional treatment. Maybe chat with the people who manage this site and see if they can suggest anything. You really shouldn't try and do this alone.

Chrissalem.thackery
  • I think you need professional help to safely get off the drugs. Detoxing is very serious and if you don't do this supervised it could end badly. Have you tried looking into getting on a new insurance plan??